Thursday, August 11, 2011

July 30, 2011- following the Notoriously Awesome G.O.D.

From the words of Sarah. Here are also some posts from her as well. Thank you for all of ya'll making this happen!

"As I drove north on 377 (I am house sitting past Benbrook), I began to pray really hard for today.

I prayed really hard for the Lord to help me see people as He sees them and to help me love them as He loves them. Wouldn't you know that on the day I prayed that prayer, Suzanne kissed my cheek and almost every person I helped shook my hand, more than once many times. :) And I got several hugs. I have never been opposed to this but I just wanted to be able to lavish them with love and not let my sensitivity to smells and sights to interfere. That is why today was a good day. God broke down those walls.

Today was also very peaceful. I did not sense the darkness, the spiritual warfare like I normally do. I don't think a person past us at either stops (except one who was not needy) that was not greeted and invaded by someone. Everyone there genuinely wanted to help someone. I loved it. It really blessed me to watch some of the youth help and to see my fellow peers kneel to pray and help those in need. I was able to minister a 6th grade girl names Jessica. Her family is from Mineral Wells and she was with her grandmother and a man. They were in fort worth because Jessica's brother was shot in the leg accidentally while learning to shoot. He is 14 and at JPS. They just happened to be visiting a friend near our 2nd location and someone told them there was people giving out clothes. The sovereignty of God I tell ya. :) I was able to pray with the grand mother and Jessica. You can tell they have all had a hard life. The clothes Jessica got today would be her school clothes. The grandmother said they needed help with food because they are staying at the hospital and eating there. I am going to take them a little tomorrow after church.

I always miss when I cannot come and today, especially, showed how much I miss it. I am on board with your mission to incorporate the Great Commission with the Greatest Commandment. It brings me great joy to serve others. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of a ministry that seeks to glorify God and edify/serve others."

Missed yall today!!
Sarah

















No comments:

Post a Comment