Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 3, 2011- MHMR meeting #5

I got to enjoy my fifth meeting with the group. Robert, Charles, Chong, and Diana sat with us. There was a tussle early on as I placed my jacket on one of their chairs. Supposedly, they didn't like change. So, I excused my jacket and then we were ready to start. We read from John 6 and got talking about Jesus and his few miracles. It was a fun time as they try to digest why Christ would call Himself the "Bread of Life".

Suprisingly, Chong and a few others got me chocolate and a few Christmas presents. It was a fun time.

There are a few things on their Christmas List:
- Aftershave, cologne, perfume, socks
- Stockings, lights, ornaments, star, tinsel, and exterior lights
- Personal large print Bibles
- Ranger tickets for all the patients

Prayer List:
- Robert's niece is sentenced to 6 years in prison for drug use. Pray for mother who is Robert's sister who's dealing with alot of pain.
- Pray for all the individual's there who don't get phone calls or visits from family. To them it feels like a hospice, where they are rotting away. The only hope they get are from outsiders like us who go there and share God's Word and love on them.

PS: I'm still looking for a male double to help me with Bible studies. Anyone interested?


Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment