Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 14, 2012- Weather or Whether?

The whole week I was dealing with whether or not the weather would put a damper on our outreach this week. It absolutely did not! We had an incredibly cool day, with cloudy skies, and ample of volunteers!

A couple of new folks from NFWBC as well as new friends showed up to help. I was accompanied by Churee's family, as well as old friends, such as Jason, Ashley, and other old faces.

I have to admit, I was distracted and out of focus today. I know my heart was just struggling with so much going on. I forgot to get a friend, I had a lackluster devotional time in the morning, and I just felt swamped. Obviously, I needed more of the Spirit's power. Nonetheless, the whole time I felt guilty without having more preparation in sharing God's Word openly. So, that being said, I apologize for not setting the pace.

On other news, we quickly sped out with loads of eggs, candy, hot dogs, sandwiches, water, bananas, and some women clothing. We took off to the Mindieta's first and spent some time there playing with the kids and the family. From there we took off to the street and hit the Texas Car Wash and met about 5-6 people there. We fed quite a few of them and I had the opportunity to speak with Claudia.

She needed some help to find her birth certificate and we met a man, Miguel, who spoke with Pastor Ruben at Southwayside Baptist Church and we got him hooked up with some help.

The third stop took us to the church near Southside Church of Christ. There we all restructured to make sure we are able to serve more effectively. We sent several teams with guys to pass out food and help out the neighborhood. There are very few familiar faces there. It could be that we're getting there later than usual.

Our final stop took us to Lancaster. There we served well over 50-60 people coming through to get food, candy, and some clothes. Unfortunately, two cars had issues. My car was overheating, which led to some trouble. Thankfully, there were several good conversations, plus some time for prayer. We all got back and was glad for another great outreach!

Somethings to think about:
Big Brother-Big Sister
The Mindieta's want 6 of their kids involved
1. Jason- 7 years old
2. Aaron- 6 years old
3. Elexus- 11 years old
4. Mia and Mya- 10 years old
5. Haley- 9 years old

If you're interested please email me, by clicking on this link.

Or, you can private message me on the Facebook page or leave a comment below with your email and i'll contact you back. Thanks!

If you're interested, we will be meeting next week to help out at MHMR. Till next time...


















No comments:

Post a Comment