Thursday, November 11, 2010

September 4, 2010: The Time

It seems timing is crucial. I arrived early in the morning around 9:30am, and perceived that many homeless were present. I recalled that if I went later, then less would be present as many of them would scatter and reach day laboring positions. At this time there were many that were on the wayside willing to talk and wait if we kept our promise.

I left back home after reaching Shamrock and the Texas Car Wash and headed back out with Joey and the crew at around 11:15am. There were more homeless than usual. We reach about 10 in the first group. For the past few times we were able to mobilize more clothes. I am trutly thankful for Joey and Nathan as they got NFWBC involved to distribute food and clothes. This makes it easier for all of us to now to feed and to clothe them.

I recall being able to pray with one gentleman regarding a job crisis at the second station. My wife was able to encounter a couple women. It seems as if the women don't sit with the men much. The second stop usually result in more day laborers. Praise God we were able to have a little extra to provide dinner to some folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment