Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 25, 2011: Meeting Kenneth and Other Updates!

First, with the updates, then with the testimony:

Updates and PRAY:
1. We got the second church at Fort Worth Harvest to do our Thanksgiving meal. Our first one is Southside Church of Christ.

2. We have a huge praise to do Bible Study at a MHMR halfway house from 2-4p every Saturday. This will be fun, since all of them have not heard the gospel, or been taught out of God's Word.

3. We allocated the two churches providing their choir for the COPs Banquet on December 1. This is awesome, that we get to work alongside with DFW!


Testimony:
I was going to wash my car, listening to football on ESPN, and my heart was spurred to be a mouthpiece for God. this was the way I was thinking, but i did not want to be bold. I was being a Moses, knowing the... call, but denying to be a voice to share or pray with someone. So, I stopped by this car wash place and it was closed. then i went to a second one, and I had to pay more, but I had no choice.

I ran into Kenneth, 6'4" 220+ burly strong dude, so I was trying to act all Bruce lee like so I looked tough, but that obviously did not work. He needed help bc his grand daughter had food poisoning. immediately I knew to pray for her health, called 911, console the grandparents.

Then i found out, he's a lower income family, barely surviving, a day laborer washing cars and begging for food. I let him wash my car, gave him some money, he gave me his address, and wanted me to take his family to church and to pray.

Needless to say, this was God's handiwork. In my own flesh I would've rather chosen to do nothing. Shame on me.




No comments:

Post a Comment